Mac provides various accessibility features for its users, such as iCloud Drive accessibility directly on macOS. One who wants to transfer various files from Dropbox, Google Drive to an iCloud library, then the process is not too tough. You have to undergo several steps to transfer your files to iCloud storage.
iCloud is one of the most popular storage services provided by macOS and iOS devices. It uses a cloud-based system to store various types of data from various files, and this storage section also offers encryption to your data and worldwide accessibility. It is used to sync with files and contents on iOS systems. It has upgraded its Cloud-based features for accessibility norms and available from several years.
In case you have your important data, images and contents on other storage services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive. You can transfer it to your iOS iCloud service in a very convenient way. You have to pursue these guidelines to know the process better:
Moving Data from Dropbox to iCloud on Mac
Dropbox creates Favorites shortcuts automatically into the sidebar of your Finder window. You have to drag and drop various files on your Mac device.
- In the beginning, hit the Finder just from Mac’s dock panel.
- Then, go to the sidebar and then press the Dropbox option there.
- After that, you have to choose the folder and files that you wish to transfer to your iCloud storage service. You may select the entire folder or section if you want to move completely from the Dropbox panel.
- Now, apply the drag and drop feature to pick and place the respective file and folders to your iCloud Drive located inside the sidebar of your Finder Window.
- After a while, you will see that your file starts to sync with iCloud service and the Dropbox is free from the respective file that you have moved. In case, you wish to revert the process and want to restore all the files to your iCloud Drive from the Dropbox; then you can pick and drop your desired files from your iCloud service to Dropbox.
Moving Files and Folders from Google Drive to iCloud Drive on Mac
If you have Google Backup and Syncing application for your Mac device, then you can transfer your contents from Google Drive to iCloud Drive very conveniently through Favorites shortcuts located into the Finder window.
Pursue these guidelines if you want to know how to transfer files, images and folders to your Mac’s iCloud Drive.
- First and foremost, launch the Finder directly from Mac’s dock.
- Then, hit the Google Drive option from the sidebar.
- After that, you should select the respective files and folders that you wish. You may select the entire folder or files section to move all the existing data to the iCloud section.
- Now, apply to pick and drop operation to your respective files and folders for transferring to the iCloud Drive. This Drive is located at the sidebar of the Finder section of your Mac.
- After some time, all the transferred files will sync to the cloud-based storage system, and the same will be automatically removed from Google Drive. In case you wish to restore those transferred files to your Google Drive, then you have to drag all the files and folder to the iCloud service from Google Drive.
Note: If you want to transfer your desired files and folders from OneDrive, then you can do so, and the process will be the same as we have applied in the case of Dropbox and Google Drive.